The terms of reference of the ICT Strategy Steering Group are to:
- formulate an ICT strategic plan for the collegiate University in accordance with its corporate plan together with a proposed
implementation plan, and to report such recommendations to the Council by spring 2006;
- assess current ICT provision and support within the global context of higher education in the 21st century;
- ensure a co-ordinated and coherent approach to the development, deployment and support of ICT services to underpin the
collegiate University's teaching, learning, research and administration systems;
- make recommendations regarding priorities and resource requirements to ensure the collegiate University is best placed to
take advantage of innovations and best practice in ICT development;
- report progress at agreed regular intervals to the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Committee and other
relevant bodies within the collegiate University;
- enable appropriate communication and consultation within the wider community as appropriate;
- identify members of a smaller sub-group to prepare documentation for the Steering Group;
- establish such consultative-groups as considered necessary to carry out its responsibilities and to monitor the work of these;
- terminate the group when the strategy is in place.
Maintained by: OUCS Webmaster (email@example.com) October 2005. Tony Brett.