Skip to Navigation
4. Software for mass mailings
- Most mail clients will let you add additional people as a Bcc: ( Blind
carbon copy) or set up a distribution list. This is suitable for a up to 50 or so
- Mailing lists such as EZMLM Any university
member, except undergraduates, can request a mailing list. EZMLM will remove addresses
which fail, which can help in the management of your list.
software is available commercially which can
- let you customize your message eg Dear Fred Smith, Your Username is 'username'
... much the same as a Word Merge document.
- let you send to any number of recipients
- allow you to customize the sending address eg firstname.lastname@example.org,
- specify a different address to receive failures
- remove failed email addresses
The following are some examples of specialized software- no endorsement is made.
Up: Contents Previous: 3. Practical Guidelines
Maintained by: OUCS Webmaster (email@example.com)
14th Dec 2009. Beth Crutch.