Report on IT Support Staff Training
October 2001 to January
OUCS and University IT Resources
- Michaelmas 2001 seminars
- Topics included request Tracker, XML to HTML conversions with
AxKit, Windows XP, Multimedia, airing and sharing on coping strategies for
- Windows XP was most popular
- Low attendance for all seminars. ITSS too busy
- Hilary 2002
- Topics include , Developing Database Applications with MySQL,
VPN, Webmail systems.
- Still waiting for volunteers to choose dates for Netware 6, NDS
for Netware and NT seminars
- Cocoon postponed until Trinity 2002
- Very hard to find/persuade people to do seminars this term
- Monday 10 December, afternoon
- Cancelled due to low bookings
- Thursday 28th February, morning
- Active Directory Services workshop, repeated in December. Well
received again. A further repeat is scheduled for Thursdays 11, 18 and 25
April. Notes and info at
- Storage Solutions presented two seminars and lunch. Attendance lower
than expected following bookings. 20 booked, 15 turned up.
- Apple are keen to run a workshop, seminar and demo. Problems finding
a suitable room at the moment. Still investigating.
- Windows XP drop in, have a go sessions. 13 for first one, 3 for
- Simon Cozens giving a preview of his Perl for Systems Administrators
UKUUG seminar on 7th February
- ClearPath Portal giving a demo. Date to be set.
IT Suppliers Exhibition
Well attended and appreciated by all. See separate report.
Continuing Professional Development
- Continuing. Will promote more nearer to the Conference
- Christmas Pub night at The Royal Oak. Around 20 ITSS attended
- Black tie dinner to be organised for April
Last updated: Jane Littlehales, 30 January 2002