1. ICT Forum Mission Statement
ICTF provides a framework that promotes and facilitates excellence incorporating
the full involvement of ICT Staff in both the strategic development and
day-to-day running of ICT in the Collegiate University.
2. ICT Forum Terms of Reference
ICTF is a body that represents all whose job function includes delivery or
support of ICT throughout the Collegiate University.
- is a representative group for all ICT Staff;
- is a group to communicate and promote the views and interests of ICT Staff
in the University’s ICT Coordinated Decision Making structure;
- is a single known point of contact for bodies in the University to consult
- is a professional forum for the exchange of experiences, ideas and best
- gives its members privileges in contacting service providers;
- has a high priority in requesting ICT enhancements with service providers;
- is in a position to initiate its own projects deemed appropriate by its
members and to seek funding for those projects where necessary;
- is a broker in introducing local projects to the wider University;
- is a broker in introducing projects from the wider University to ICT
- facilitates the exchange and trading of skills; together with access to
staff development and training schemes.
4. ICTF Steering Committee
The ICTF Steering Committee (ICTFSC) will oversee the operation of the ICTF. Its
functions will include
- co-ordinating with the University bodies such as the PRAC ICT SC, Director
of ICT, etc., to provide members of sub groups when necessary;
- organising an annual ICTF conference;
- organising and co-coordinating training, workshops and seminars of
relevance to IT Support, in collaboration with ITS3;
- Monitoring and advising on the activities of ITS3, particularly the
maintenance of the ITSS register.
The Steering Committee will be led by the Secretary of the ICTF and will meet at
least once a term, usually just prior to the ICTF termly meeting.
The membership of the ICTFSC will be
- The Secretary of ICTF
- The Chair of ICTF
- The Head of OUCS' IT Support Staff Services
- 6 people elected by the members of the ICTF, elected on a rolling two-per-year cycle
- Up to a further 3 people may be co-opted by the ICTFSC
to serve until the next Trinity Term ICTF meeting (normally
at the ICTF Conference, just after term). Such co-options
should aim to increase the cross-college and department
representation on ICTFC.
- People may be co-opted by the ICTFSC to fill unfilled or vacated elected
posts until the next Trinity Term ICTF meeting.
Secretarial services for the ICTF and its Steering Committee will be provided by
ITS3 and its staff members will attend ICTFSC meetings.
2008-01-25. Pete Biggs.